Live-in Nannies, how they can help?
An experienced live-in nanny is not just a babysitter. When at work, you will never have to worry about what the children are doing or if they are getting enough attention. She will maintain your routine within the home while giving one-on-one care for your children. She will provide for their health, physical and social development through performing some or all of the following duties as instructed by you, the employer:
- Care and supervision for your children within your home which will also become her home
- Getting the children ready for the day or for bed by bathing, dressing and feeding
- For the baby, she can prepare formulas and change diapers
- She will ensure the children eat their meals and take their rest periods
- Continuing your hard work, she will ensure continuity through instructing your children in personal hygiene and social development
- At all times she will tend to the emotional well-being of your children
- If required, the nanny will discipline your children according to the methods requested by you
- And the days of “I’m bored” coming from the children will be gone because the nanny can organize and participate in activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings to provide amusement, stimulation and exercise
- And after a hard day at work, remember that your nanny may already have prepared and served nutritious meals for your children, which she either planned alone or with your help.
- So as not to add further stress to your already busy day, the nanny can take children to and from school and to any other appointments
- The nanny will always maintain a healthy environment within your home
- Observe your children when you are at work and if required prepare reports for you
- If you need them to, the nanny can keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child.
As already mentioned, your live-in nanny is not just a babysitter. She can help with other household chores such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds, planning and preparing family meals independently or with you, and may also serve meals. However remember that your nanny is not a housekeeper and childcare will always be her priority.